Friday, June 10, 2011

365 Days of Random Awesomeness!!

Well, my 4 children and I just got back from sending off our soldier to Afghanistan. There were no tears, just lots of hugs!! As we've prepared ourselves for this year, friends and family have offered their love and support. This will be our first year-long deployment (we've had multiple 6 month seperations). When the question of "how long will he be gone" was asked and answered, the response was usually "Oh honey, I'm so SORRY!!".

Well...

I'm not sorry. Because this is going to be the most AWESOME year EVER!!

I love my husband. Oh, with all my heart and soul do I love my husband. He is my best friend and eternal sweetheart. But, just because we're apart doesn't mean that it's the end of the world and sitting at home moping about it won't do any good. That also sounds miserable, boring, and won't bring joy into anyone's life.

This year, we will be doing a count down calendar of RANDOM AWESOMENESS. Each day, we will complete a weekly mission of random awesomeness suggested by YOU!

The requirements are as follows:

1. Each idea must be both physically possible and financially feesable.
2. Things like "board games, water gun fights, bake cookies" are AWESOME, but so are things like "do arts and crafts at the nursing home". Random acts of kindness are most definately AWESOME :)
3. Keep it legal, and keep it clean!! Going to jail is neither random nor awesome! That, and my lawyer is out of the country for the next year ;) We're talking about things that an Army wife and her children can do together.

I can't wait to see your ideas!!! I promise to take pictures and post a blog about each experience.

As always,
Just Rosy

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you guys will do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. put a pool at the bottom of the slide, sprinklers, water balloons, and squirt guns and make your own backyard waterpark, slide area. ;)

    Go to a zoo.

    Visit as many parks as you can within a 20 min. radius and then rate them based on certain criteria.

    Take your neighbors cookies.

    Have ice cream for dinner.

    start a new craft or hobby (I heard geocaching is a lot of fun)

    I think of more later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed by your strength! My husband is coming back from his year in Iraq in about 2 weeks, and we've had a lot of random excitement this year, that's for sure. I'll share some of the better things...
    County fair
    Go to Kaboom.org and upload your favorite playgrounds on their Map of Play
    Picnic for dinner
    Have a movie night at home with frozen pizza and popcorn (especially good to help make weekend nights more manageable)
    Go to a farmer's market
    fly a kite
    hit a garage sale
    check out a city parks and rec class
    Do the library summer reading program
    Mail care packages
    make a video and e-mail it to Dad
    I'll think of more. Can't wait to see your fun ideas!
    Come visit me at my blog, bookwormfun.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete